Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Markets make the world go round.

I have always loved markets and now that I live in Cape Town it seems that I have so much to choose from!

 On a Friday night I love going to the Hout Bay Night Market where there is always great music, amazing food and beautiful things to spend money on. Then I wake up early on a Saturday morning and head to the City Bowl Market situated on Hope street, where I can find huge bags of fresh plums for only R5, the best brownies and chocolate croissants in the country, and an array of trendy second hand and vintage clothes which are all sold at reasonable prices. Many people in Cape Town enjoy going to The Old Biscuit Mill market, and although it is amazing, I find it to be slightly out of my price range. I would much rather take a scenic drive to the quaint town of Stellenbosch, where every Saturday the farmers market is held. You'll find a selection of fruits, breads, cheeses, clothes, accessories and amazing lemonade all for reasonable prices - its a great opportunity to grab some goods and have a picnic under the mountains. Markets are my weakness, I just cannot seem to resist the pull of fresh produce, locally made clothes and accessories, and the relaxed atmosphere that seems to surround everyone.












No comments:

Post a Comment