Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Coffee is always the better option


Many of you may have heard about the strikes that have been happening throughout the UKZN campus's this week. Well I am lucky enough to attend Howard College campus which means that I get to arrive at varsity on a monday morning, see police everywhere, all the rubbish bins turned over ,  people standing huddled in groups ( for protection?) and hear a loud noise coming from within the pale pink walls. I mean, the noise could have just been a rather large choir doing a rather random performance in the middle of the cafe, because honestly, there were some really good harmonies from what I could hear, but no, my two and a bit years of university experience ( as well as a little spidey-sense) told me that the strikers had arrived and it was time to steer clear of all lecture venues.

So what do you do when your entire day of lectures is cancelled? You go have the best coffee at Bean Green on Davenport road. Duh.
" I have measured out my life with coffee spoons" - T.S Elliot ( He knew what he was talking about)
Coffee is so great because it's there for you when you are sad and just need to 'go out for coffee' with your best friend, it's wonderful on those procrastination evenings when you need to stay awake and study for that test you 'forgot' about, and it's a great way to spend time with friends whilst there are strikers tearing apart your university. I love coffee. I love Bean Green coffee. You should go there.



So, thank you strikers for letting me enjoy my day with a cup of coffee.

1 comment:

  1. ah coffee! brings me so much joy too. i must be honest tho, making your own beats any restaurant! obviously you have to get good stuff to start with - it costs a bit, but probably not as much as a restaurant, and its totally worth it in the end! :)

    ReplyDelete