Monday, April 11, 2011

appreciating the good stuff...

...Swimming pools
It was a hot December day -as usual. We spontaneously gathered at a friends house, made some pancakes, played some sweet tunes on the guitar, and of course spent most of our time in the pool. Gotta love summertime.



...Perfect views
This was taken in Capetown from a giant boulder that gave us an amazing view of the Clifton beaches as well as this magnificent mountain range known as the Twelve Apostles. Views like this are timeless and just remind us of how beautiful our Earth is.



 
...Valentines Day {Singles} Dinners
A great excuse to throw a pretty party and eat lots of delicious chocolate and cake with a group of wonderful friends. After all, it is the day of love, and I really love my friends!




...Jumping Shots
We've all been in at least one before. I love these kind of photo's because no matter where they're taken and no matter what kind of hair day you are having, they always turn out looking really fun and happy.The most hilarous part is seeing how many times you have to jump before you get the ideal shot ( I personally think it's a great way to exercise! ).




...Soccer World Cups
Especially ones that are held in South Africa! I was lucky enough to attend the Spain vs Swiss game at the Moses Mabida stadium in Durban and it was truly an unforgettable experience (even though Spain lost that game). It's great to see such passion, love and mutual patriotism in one's country, as well as all the very good-looking foreign men that passed me on the sidewalks!




...Girls nights
Painting nails, face masks, cucumbers on our eyes, Taylor Swift playing in the background, chocolate brownies, back massages, cheesy movies, sleeping over....it was pure girl heaven.



...Roadtripping
Ok so we only "roadtripped" about an hour and a half  from where we live, but we had so much fun along the way. I think it's a great way to bond more with friends and allow yourself to be open to whatever adventures lie in wait for you. In our case, in our case those adventures were playgrounds, gigs, yummy food and narrowingly avoiding death when a certain friend failed to check her blindspot. Basically fun.




...Gigs
I love music, I really believe in supporting local artists, and I love an excuse to dress up and spend a night out with my friends. We go to gigs at least once a week and we always have such a blast regardless of how small the venue is, how good or bad the band is, and how disgustingly sweaty we are by the end of the night.



...Sunsets
I often refer to these as 'Gods Paintings' beacuse no matter how often I see a sunset, it always looks like a piece of art that is to perfect to not have been created purposefully by someone far greater and far more creative than I am. This one was taken from Signal Hill in Capetown - one of my favourite sunset-viewing places.



 
...South Africa
There may be a lot of not-so-good qualities about this country, but in my mind the good things totally outweigh the former. I am very much Proudly South African and am so grateful to be born into this place that's enriched with culture, colour, history, triumph and hope. It inspires me and it's a beautiful place to live in.






 
I think sometimes when theres so much sadness and despair and negativity in the world, it's good to just sit back and think of the good stuff and be thankful that we get to experience it.

1 comment:

  1. this was nice to read :) pretty pictures make my heart go yay

    ReplyDelete