Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My night on the catwalk - The 031 Collection

Okay so before you get all excited, I wasn't actually one of the models, but I did have to literally walk on the runway in order to get my seat, which by the way, was right next to the runway (maybe a metre away from the models). So the point is, I was on the catwalk in my LBD ( that's fashion lingo for ' Little Black Dress') and brown leather boots , and for about ten seconds I was living out my childhood dream of being a model. It was a very nice ten seconds.

For those of you wondering what the 031 Collection is, allow me to enlighten you.

It's basically Durbans Premier Fashion Show which was presented by Mr Price with International model Agyness Deyn flown in to be a judge. It featured the likes of well-known designers such as Terrence Bray, Ruff Tung, Nguni Shades, The Holmes Bros, Francois Vedemme, Amanda Laird Cherry, Sibu Msimang and Leigh Schub along with some new and upcoming designers.
Here are some of my favourite looks of the evening...

{Images from  031 Collection}


                                                               Francois Vedemme


                                                               
                                                                       Hanrie Lues


                                                                   
                                                             Amanda Laird Cherry

                  
                                                                 
                                                             Ludwig Bezuidenhout


                                                               
                                            Jaqui Munsami
                                                     
                                Mr Price styled by Agyness Deyn


 Gregory Dlala


The winner of the show , Cindy Armstorng had an amazing range ( my personal favourite of the night) which was filled with soft, flowing and neutral coloured materials, turbans, head scarves, harem pants, and brown leather sandals. It was beautiful, classy and casual all at the same time, and I've already decided to run to the stores ( as soon as I get money) to purchase a headscarf!

All in all, it was a fantastic night that was not to be forgotten, my eyes were really opened to the world of fashion design ( and let me tell you, Durbs has a lot to offer), and I got to experience it all for free thanks to my wonderful friend Gareth Mcdade! Thanks Gaz!

I am so very proud of this city and what it brought to the table at that fashion show, and seeing the beautiful creations that were produced had got me seriously considering a career change but, unfortunately I am not skilled in the art of drawing or modelling for that matter, and I love writing far too much, so I guess I'll have to settle for just being a famous journalist.


No comments:

Post a Comment