Sunday, January 2, 2011

Let the fest ARISE!

Apologies for not blogging last week, I had no access to internet, but I am back with a great story!

Have you ever found that on New Years eve you are stuck sitting at home with your parents and a glass of champagne, listening to the countdown on the radio? Maybe that's just the story of my life. Well let me tell you this, it's not the story of my life anymore, because now I have discovered ARISEFEST!
http://www.arisefest.com/

So here is the lowdown on what Arisefest is: It's a massive music festival ( think Splashy Fen type of vibe ) ; awesome Christian bands perform ( This year we had John Ellis, Straatligkinders, The Arrows, Harbourlight and many more); it's situated at Midmar Dam; you camp over a period of two nights and three days and you get to make loads of new friends!


This was my second year at Arisefest and it was unforgettable. I got to see in the New Year surrounded by friends from Durban, Pietermarizburg, Johannesburg and CapeTown, and even though it rained and I constantly had muddy feet and frizzy hair, I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else!

During the day, there is an accoustic stage set up (where local talent gets to perform some sweet tunes for the crowd), as well as a whole lot of different sports events - of which I didn't participate in any because I'm lazy like that! At about 5 o'clock the first band starts in the big marquee and from then on the evening is just filled with music - praise and worship, hip hop, indie, screamer, jazz, reggae rock, instrumental...the list goes on! Sounding good? I thought so.

I'm already frothing for Arisefest 2011/2012...be there!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little hurt that my "band" wasn't mentioned by name Dani...

    ReplyDelete